People from around the world have started to support Bernie Sanders as President of the United States. I personally have been waiting my entire life for someone like Bernie Sanders. The good guy who sticks up for what’s right and fights for corruption despite the price tag. Why do you know nothing about him? Why do you think he’s a joke? Well maybe because Time Warner is funding Hillary Clinton and they have a special interest in her winning. Bernie Sanders has been blocked out as much as possible and typically people only know about him from word of mouth, social media, or his debates (awesome I might add).
I can understand the confusion behind voting. When I was really sick living in Massachusetts and Mitt Romney’s health care plan took care of me, I was on board. Trump supporters originally admired his realness and liked his different perspective. At one point, I was excited about Hillary Clinton because I’d like to see a woman in the White House. After watching her debates and videos throughout the years, her drastic changes on the same issues deeply concerned me. After this research, I believe Bernie Sanders has realistic and fair goals. Yes, Congress might try to stop him from these goals but there isn’t a doubt in my mind that Bernie Sanders will be in that chair fighting for all of us with all of his heart. Isn’t a man like that worth a conversation? So after getting to know the people that back him, this is what I’ve learned.
You might be a Bernie Sanders Supporter if…
- You want to remove all types of inequality from the United States, especially financial inequality.
2. If you believe the “good guy” should finish first. At some point, every Bernie Sanders supporter develops an emotional attachment for the senator. Usually, that’s the first time you hear him speak. He speaks from the heart. He is not a scripted politician and now many of his supporters say #BernieOrBust. They would rather write his name in November and let Trump win, than vote for a candidate of less integrity.
3. If you feel the need for criminal reform and an end to police brutality. Bernie Sanders also is against the death penalty. He feels that in a world of violence, the government shouldn’t decide who is killed. Criminals should do their time. Hillary disagrees and supports the death penalty.
4. If you have to constantly explain the difference between Communism, Fascism, Socialism, and Democratic Socialism. If you’ve ever been called Stalin or a feminazi when Democratic Socialism is very similar to what we have now. If you’ve ever been to a public school, used a bridge, called a policeman or fire fighter, you might consider yourself a democratic socialist. The people just want a say where our taxes go to instead of rich corporations. No one wants our money to be controlled by the government.
5. If you used to hate politics, but you found someone you actually believe in and now it consumes your soul.
6. If you’re a rich and famous celebrity or scientist. And even though you’re part of the 1% that will actually be affected, you’re a decent human being that would rather see taxes go to the people and not big corporations.
7. You’re not actually expecting free stuff.
8. And you actually understand his plan.
9. If you believe no one should be punished for getting sick.
10. If you feel like Bernie Sanders might be a real-life super hero after he stood up to Wall Street.
11. If you then became a Justin-Beiber-type fan girl.
12. If you genuinely care about our planet and know Bernie Sanders is not endorsed by the corporations that are destroying it.
13. If you’re an animal rights activist. If you think even watching a dog fight should be illegal. You want livestock to be properly treated, horses not being beat into show horses, big cats to be left alone, and puppy mills to end. If you’ve ever watched a video about what companies are allowed to do to animals, it is graphic. Currently, I go to the grocery store and try to find humane eggs etc, but it would be beautiful to know animal rights are already spoken for.
Currently Bernie Sanders is the only candidate who has dedicated a page to these issues found here.
14. If you’ve developed genuine feelings of patriotism for the first time.
15. If you’re a republican or thought your previous political party just wasn’t right for you.
16. If you’re a first time voter.
17. If you believe more jobs should be kept in the United States. If you believe our economy should be stimulated. Wall Street won’t have bigger tax breaks, billionaires won’t have loopholes, and a small percentage of the top 1% (like the owners of Walmart) will get distributed to the working class.
18. If you support our troops but believe military spending needs a second look. Can we work smarter, not harder, to take out real threats?
19. If you’re against genetically modified food and want to stop Monsanto. Our food is currently not required to be properly labeled with all chemicals and pesticides. The toxicity inherent to GMOs are killing bees, monarch butterflies, and birds.
20. If you’ve realized since Time Warner funds Hillary, the media has shut him out as much as possible, while adding proHillary headlines. Then you discovered The Young Turks and blacked out the corporate media until they made some changes.
21. If you got a little over enthusiastic when Bernie Sanders won Michigan against all odds.
22. If you’ve said, “I’m not against Hillary, I’m against her owners and what they are capable of.” Then later down the road, you actually realized Bernie Sanders is the bigger feminist and you’d be willing to wait a few more years for a different woman president.
23. If you have the weird idea that all people should be treated like equals.
24. If you are incredibly scared of a rich racist man running our country. There are many videos from his rallies demonstrating how he is inspiring hate, agreeing to pay legal fees for any assault caused. He’s also affecting bullies in school.
25. If you’ve seen that polls consistently show that Bernie Sanders beats Trump by a larger margin than Hillary Clinton.
26. If you support a man who ALWAYS has been fighting for civil rights.
27. If you support a man who ALWAYS has been fighting for gay rights.
28. If you support a man who ALWAYS has been fighting for women’s rights. If you believe all women should have reproductive rights, maternity leave, and that your children should have a better quality of daycare and education
29. If you believe children should have a right to education without going to war first.
30. If you truly believe that we are in this together, whether that means donating the little money you have to give water to Flint, or supporting each other regardless of sexual orientation, skin color, age, or religion.
31. If you live abroad and understand how America affects the world.
32. If you’ve gained some beautiful friends from all across the country.
33. If you’ve been inspired to speak up and march for what you believe in.
34. If you’re just an average person who gave $1 – $27 to support something you know is much bigger than yourself.
35. You might be voting for Bernie Sanders, if your heart is filled with compassion, and you feel the Bern. If you truly believe this is more than just a presidential election. This is a revolution, and regardless if he wins or loses, he has inspired the wonderful idea that we deserve a more compassionate world – and that is worth fighting for.
I will be voting for the first time in my life, because I believe in someone. You may have different opinions and that’s all fine. We aren’t all the same. I just ask you do your own research and vote.
Bernie Sanders constant throughout the years
© Faith’s True Tales 2016. All original words by Faith Brady. Images used are from Berners all over the world.